Helping NJ employees and employers navigate the state’s labor laws
The employment law firm of Aiello, Harris, Marth, Tunnero & Schiffman, P.C. is proud of its nearly six decades of successfully representing clients with all kinds of employment law matters throughout New Jersey. Since 1955, we have been providing strong representation and effective legal guidance to clients across New Jersey.
Top-rated lawyers in NJ teaming together to uphold your rights
Whether you are a CFO, nurse, sales representative, or engineer, everyone deserves to be respected in the workplace. No one should endure wrongful termination, harassment, or discrimination. No one should be subjected to unfair, illegal, harassing, or unethical behavior, particularly in the workplace. You have earned the right to have your employment contracts adhered to. When an employer denied you any of these basic rights, you deserve to seek justice.
Despite the myriad of federal and state laws, every day our NJ employment lawyers encounter scorned workers who have been denied their basic legal rights. The law firm of Aiello, Harris, Marth, Tunnero & Schiffman, P.C. is your go-to labor law resource.
We are not afraid to tackle:
- Employment Law Issues – We are well-versed in state, local, and federal statutes concerning labor and employment laws.
- Employee Rights – Our NJ attorneys handle all aspects of employment law on behalf of employees, from contract disputes to discrimination.
- Employer Compliance – New Jersey business owners need to preserve their interests and livelihoods with proper protections. We assist employers with
- Employment Immigration – Ensure your company meets all local and federal standards when it comes to hiring immigrants.
Let our attorneys solve your employment conflict swiftly and effectively – and help you prevent legal issues from happening in the first place.
Our areas of New Jersey employment law we practice
The law firm of Aiello, Harris, Marth, Tunnero & Schiffman, P.C. is a full-service employment law firm, handling a vast array of various labor-related issues. There is no case too small – or too big. We have the big firm resources to effectively ensure positive results without sacrificing personalized service and attention.
Our NJ lawyers have decades of experience handling cases involving:
- Employment Contracts – when your employer breaches of the terms of contract, our attorneys vow to protect your rights. We also review employment contracts before you sign.
- Non-Compete Agreements – non-compete agreements are only enforceable if they are fair to the employee. Our attorneys review your contract and see if the employer is subjecting you to unfair terms.
- Restrictive Covenants – if the restrictive provisions of a contract are subjecting you to undue hardship, our tenacious lawyers fight to ensure you prevail against a former employer.
- Employment Contract Disputes – if an employer, employee, shareholder, partner, client, or anyone fails to live up to the terms of a contract, we are prepared to swiftly resolve the dispute.
- Severance Packages – you deserve full and fair severance compensation. If you are not getting what you deserve in a severance package, we are here to ensure you receive maximum compensation.
- Shareholder & Partnership Disputes – is a shareholder or partnership dispute threatening your business? Let us effectively and efficiently resolve conflicts between owners and shareholders.
- Misrepresentation / Bait-and-Switch – some shady employers make promises upon your hiring and fail to live up to their claims. In such circumstances, you may have legal recourse.
- Workplace Harassment – you are entitled to a harassment-free workplace. Harassment is illegal and you could be entitled to compensation.
- Workplace Bullying – workplace bullying leads to harassment. Our employment lawyers get justice for victims of bullying at work.
- Hostile Work Environment – when your workplace become intimidating or hostile because of your co-workers’ or supervisor’s actions, it may be time for legal intervention.
- Constructive Dismissal – When the conditions at work were so intolerable you were forced to resign. We can help you if you have been mistreated at work.
- Wrongful Termination – being fired for prohibited reasons is illegal. You may have a claim for wrongful termination if you were discharged on the basis of discrimination, breach of contract, or retaliation.
- Workplace Injury resulting in wrongful termination – an employer cannot fire you for getting hurt at work or filing a workers’ compensation claim.
- Wage and Hour Violations – if an employer has compensated your unfairly or took advantage of your working rights, you might have a wage and hour violations claim.
- Independent Contractor Employment Issues – your employer may be incorrectly labeling you as an independent contractor rather than employee to avoid paying certain benefits and giving you certain rights.
- Retaliation – when your employer takes negative action against you after you engaged in protected activities, you could be the victim of retaliation.
- Union Rights Retaliation – your company cannot retaliate against you for exercising your union rights. They are legally obligated to uphold your union contracts.
- Arbitration And Mediation – our NJ employment attorneys advocate for swift and cost-effective solutions to your employment disputes. Mediation and arbitration are alternative dispute resolution methods which we can guide you through.
- Discrimination – members of a protected class are entitled to a fair working environment. When your employer discriminates against you based on protected characteristics, you might be able to collect compensation.
- Labor Laws In The Workplace – Over the years, the state of New Jersey and the federal legislature have enacted a bevy of work-related statutes to cover a variety of illegal behavior. These workplace laws were created to protect the rights of employees to work in an environment where they feel safe.
NJ employment laws can be confusing, complex, and broad. Don’t let the legal system intimidate you. Our employment law attorneys are here to guide you every step of the way.
Contact our New Jersey employment lawyers Today For a Free Consultation!
At Aiello, Harris, Marth, Tunnero & Schiffman, P.C., our track record of success speaks for itself. If you feel that you have been discriminated against at your workplace, contact an employment lawyer today in confidence online or call us at (908) 561-5577. We will listen carefully to your situation and offer the best possible strategy for resolution. Your initial consultation is free. We will come to you or you can schedule an appointment at one of our offices in Woodbridge, Watchung or Lyndhurst NJ.