New Jersey Slip And Fall Lawyers

Helping slip, trip, and fall accident injury victims get just compensation

Slip and falls are types of premises liability accidents. If you are hurt on someone else’s property because of a hazardous condition, you could be entitled to compensation. A serious fall could lead to broken bones, herniated discs, neck injuries – even death. You deserve to be appropriately compensated for your injuries and pain. You deserve to have high-quality legal representation on your side.

Aiello, Harris, Abate Law Firm is known as one of New Jersey’s top slip and fall injury law firms. Our team of attorneys, paralegals, and office administrators give you the support you need during a difficult period of your life. We accept no upfront fees and we do not get paid unless we successfully obtain compensation on your behalf.

A simple slip and fall accident may just result in some embarrassment, minor scrapes, and bruises. A major accident can cause broken bones, head trauma – even paralysis or death. At Aiello, Harris, Abate, Law Group PC we take every slip and fall case seriously. We know your injuries may not be your fault. You need every penny of compensation available to you to help shoulder the financial burden. You need support throughout your legal case and a reprieve from the stress of dealing with the fallout of your accident.

Can you sue a property owner after a slip and fall accident in New Jersey?

Maybe yes, maybe no. If the accident was not your fault and you sustained serious injuries, you might be able to obtain compensation from the negligent property owner.

What You Must Prove In Slip And Fall Accidents

  • There was a hazard present; and
  • That hazard directly caused you to fall; and
  • The fall caused your injuries; and
  • The property owner or manager knew or should have know of the hazard

Make sure the property owner is aware of your injuries. Contact a Warren personal injury lawyer immediately after the incident to ensure your best interests are protected.

Common Places Slip, Trips & Fall Accidents Happen

A premises liability – slip and fall accident can happen anywhere. You could be entitled to compensation as long as you were legally allowed the premises. In other words, you were not trespassing or committing a crime when the accident happened.

Some common locations for slip and falls include:

  • Malls
  • Shopping centers
  • Grocery stores
  • Restaurants and nightclubs
  • Museums
  • Private property, including homes and apartment complexes
  • Public areas, such as parks and trails

Speak with our Warren slip and fall lawyers to learn more about the laws surrounding premises liability cases in New Jersey.

You May Be Entitle To Compensation

You could be entitled to various types of compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, property damage, and pain suffering relating to a slip and fall accident. Once you meet with one of our injury attorneys, we review all the expenses caused by your injuries and devise a fair amount for your claim. Pain and suffering are “non-economic” damages so we assess the physical and emotional toll the accident has had on your life. Then, we come up with a reasonable figure to help compensate you.

Frequently asked questions about slip and fall accidents

Our premises liability lawyers are happy to answer all your questions and address any concerns you may have.

If there was inadequate lighting in a parking lot or a lightbulb was burned out and not replaced, it could be considered a hazardous condition under premises liability law. Good lighting ensures customers see steps and cracks in front of them – if bad lighting caused you to miss a danger and injure yourself, you might have a slip and fall claim.

Yes and no. There are some special considerations, such as was there medical malpractice involved and did the patient have a preexisting medical condition worsened by the fall? But, typically, a nursing home slip and fall could proceed as any other claim would.

First, your attorney files a complaint with the negligent party, which basically states your intent to sue. Then, the negligent party will file their “answer,” which may claim no responsibility for the accident or might include an affirmative defense (the defendant acknowledged the accident happened, but provides a reason why they are not liable).

If the case proceeds, next comes the pre-trial motions – such as a “Motion to Dismiss” – then comes the discovery phase in which each party reveals all the evidence they have. Afterward, you may have to answer interrogatories and be deposed. Meditation might be involved as well. There is very little chance the case will need to be go trial – most of these cases settle before that happens.

You might be entitled to collect money for medical expenses, lost wages, property damage, pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment of life, and emotional distress.

Can a person recover damages for injuries sustained when she or he spilled on a spilled liquid in a store and fell?

Maybe yes, maybe no. If the hazard was not marked, e.g. with a “Caution Wet Floor” sign, AND the property owner/manager knew of the hazard or should have known of the hazard, you may be able to collect compensation.

You should complete an accident report as soon as possible. However, if you are too injured to do so at the time of the fall, you can fill one out later.

Some defense the negligent party may use include:

  • You were careless and caused the accident yourself
  • They did not know of the hazard and couldn’t have known of the hazard
  • Your injuries were not related to the accident you claim you had
  • They are not the party responsible for your injuries
  • You did not inform them of an accident on their property

More questions? Do not hesitate to contact an NJ slip and fall lawyer at Aiello, etc. today.

Contact our New Jersey Slip and Fall Lawyers

If you or a loved one was hurt as the result of a property owner’s negligence, call Aiello, Harris, Abate, Law Group PC right away. Due to our stellar track record, we have earned a reputation of success throughout New Jersey. Call us today at (908) 561-5577  or contact us online to arrange a no-cost consultation. We will come to you or you can schedule an appointment at one of our offices in WoodbridgeWatchung or Lyndhurst NJ.

NJ Regions & Towns We Serve: