New Jersey Nursing Home Abuse Lawyers
Most unluckily, nursing home abuse and nursing home neglect have become so rampant. Since majority of nursing home staff members are poorly paid and lack the requisite training, they offer inadequate and subpar care.
In case you or your loved one has been the victim of nursing home abuse or nursing home neglect in New Jersey or surrounding area, our medical malpractice attorneys at Aiello, Harris, Abate will be glad to help you. Nursing home abuse happens when a caretaker deliberately causes harm, suffering, or pain.
Types Of Nursing Abuse
Nursing home abuse includes sexual abuse, the physical abuse and emotional abuse:
- Sexual abuse: This type of nursing home abuse includes battery, inappropriate touching, sexual assault, or any non-consensual sexual activity.
- Emotional abuse: This type of nursing home abuse can be verbal or nonverbal and includes cursing, threatening, humiliating, scolding, demeaning, ignoring, or intimidating a resident.
- Physical abuse: This type of nursing home abuse includes scratching, slapping, shoving, hitting, force-feeding, and excessive forms of restraint.
We can provide expert legal guidance and help you pursue compensation on behalf of your loved one successfully.
Signs of nursing home abuse Nursing home abuse signs takes different forms, but basically they can include but not limited to:
- Open wounds, bruises, cuts, welts, lacerations
- Fractured or Broken bones
- Signs of being restrained
- Sudden changes in behavior
Proper identification of nursing home abuse requires careful observation. Majority of the residents have a limited capacity to communicate, thus it is important to visit the residence frequently and at different times of the day to make observations.
If You Suspect Nursing Home Abuse
If you suspect that your loved one is suffering from nursing home abuse in New Jersey, do not hesitate to contact Aiello, Harris, Abate nursing home abuse attorneys to discuss your concerns in detail.
Nursing Home Neglect Nursing home neglect occurs when a caretaker fails to fulfill his or her duty to a resident. Majority of nursing home neglect includes medical neglect, physical neglect, and failure to prevent and help:
- Medical neglect: This type of nursing home neglect includes failing to provide appropriate health care, poor access to medical aid, and the administration of inappropriate medication.
- Physical neglect: This type of nursing home neglect includes poor bathing techniques, lack of toileting, and incorrect body positioning.
- Failure to prevent and assist: This type of nursing home neglect includes a failure to assist the resident in eating, drinking, bathing, or toileting, ignoring cries for help, and isolation.
Signs Of Abuse
To identify nursing home neglect, look out for the following signs and symptoms that include and not limited to:
- Poor sanitary living conditions
- Loss of weight
- Pressure sores or Bed sores
- Poor hygiene
- Malnutrition or Dehydration
- Untreated health problems
In case you have witnessed the symptoms of nursing home neglect in your loved one or in another resident of the facility, contact the nursing home abuse attorneys of Aiello, Harris, Abate today.
Call our New Jersey nursing home abuse lawyers
In case you suspect that your loved one is in immediate danger arising from nursing home abuse, quickly call the police right away. In case there is no immediate danger and still you suspect nursing home abuse or nursing home neglect has occurred alert the ombudsman, or the Department of Health, or the administrator of the facility.
Lastly, you should contact the personal injury attorneys of Aiello, Harris, Abate. We can advise you of your rights and ensure that your loved one is removed from danger. Call the attorneys of Aiello, Harris, Abate at (908) 561-5577 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation and begin your case.