Somerset County Dog Bite Lawyers
Have you suffered severe injuries from a dog attack in NJ?
Did a dog attack you or a family member? Were you caught off-guard by a vicious animal? Unprovoked dog attacks are frightening – and can be life-altering.
From minor cuts to major lacerations, a dog mauling can have devastating effects on your life. That’s why our Somerset County personal injury attorneys at Aiello Harris Law Firm are committed to getting you and your family back your feet after an attack.
Dog bite injuries in Somerset County
Many dogs are sweet and loving – but the vicious ones leave serious injuries, including:
- Lacerations – deep cuts to your skin and flesh can lead to blood loss, tissue damage, and other serious complications.
- Abrasions – less severe than lacerations, abrasions can include minor cuts, scrapes, and dog marks. Even a superficial abrasion could lead to infection.
- Broken bones – you may have fallen tripping over a dog or trying to run away, leading to a fracture.
- Nerve damage – a severe bite might damage your nervous tissue.
- Scars – deep cuts can leave permanent scarring on your body.
- Infections – one of the major concerns for attack victims is the potential for infections such as rabies, cellulitis and more. You never know what kind of germs and bacteria can infect a wound, especially a wound from a dog.
- Emotional wounds – after a physical injury heals, the emotional ramifications can be present for years to come.
Judges and insurance companies take many factors into account when assessing the “value” of your case, including the severity of your injuries. Our injury lawyers in NJ Ensure that you seek medical treatment directly following the bite and retain all hospital records, doctors’ opinions, x-rays, diagnosis, and records of prescription medications taken and medical devices used.
Recovering compensation for dog bites
If a dog bit you, its owner should be liable for your injuries. If the incident occurred on the owner’s property, they may file a claim with their homeowner’s insurance company. If the attacked happened on government or public property, or during an event, another third-party claim may be involved.
Say the bite happened while you were working. This may be a case for postal workers and delivery men and women. In that case, you might be entitled to workers’ compensation benefits in addition to money from a lawsuit against the owner.
Towns in Somerset County NJ We Serve:
Consult with our Somerset County Dog Bite Lawyers today
To learn more, contact the Somerset County injury lawyers of Aiello, Harris, Marth, Tunnero and Schiffman, P.C. at our Watchung Office Location You can call us 24/7 at (908) 561-5577 or contact us online to set up your free initial consult. We do not collect any fees unless we win your case. So, if we do not recover any money on your behalf, our injury attorneys do not get paid.