New Jersey Truck Accident Lawyers
The attorneys at Aiello, Harris, Marth, Tunnero &Schiffman, P.C., have provided legal representation for persons who have been injured in commercial truck accidents for nearly 60 years. We understand the struggles and challenges you face in the aftermath of a truck accident. Our attorneys offer skill, knowledge and experience handling cases involving commercial vehicles and Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) violations. We thoroughly investigate beneath the surface of the accident, to find every party who may be held liable for damages, including the driver, motor carrier, management and equipment manufacturers.
- We have experience in all types of injury and wrongful death claims involving commercial vans and delivery trucks, including:
- Pedestrian accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Delivery dock accidents
- Violation of FMCSA load regulations
- Violations of FMCSA maintenance requirements
- Brake and steering failure, jackknife and rollover accidents
You need someone on your side from the very beginning:
• to protect your rights
• to investigate and preserve critical evidence
• to help you navigate the medical world as you undergo what may be a slow recovery
• to give you practical advice about how to deal with everyday life in the face of serious injuries
Our goal is to obtain the fair and just compensation you deserve.
Causes of Commercial Truck Accidents
Common causes of commercial truck crashes may be viewed in two categories, as follows.
Truck Driver Error, which may include:
- Truck driver fatigue (drowsy driving, falling asleep at the wheel)
- Truck driver use of drugs or alcohol (drunk driving)
- Distracted driving, including cell phone use or texting while driving
- Reckless and aggressive driving
- Poor truck driver decision making (e.g., due to fatigue or inadequate training)
Mechanical Failure, which may include:
- Commercial truck equipment malfunction or failure
- Tire blowout, tread separation, or other truck tire failure
- Inadequate or poor vehicle maintenance
- Commercial Truck Accident Investigation
Commercial trucking accidents require a thorough investigation as soon as possible after the collision. Skid marks, gouge marks, and other accident debris in the roadway can disappear quickly. The personal injury attorneys at Aiello, Harris, Marth, Tunnero & Schiffman, P.C., have an in-house team of investigators whose job is to visit the scene of your accident to take photographs, interview witnesses, and search for physical evidence on your behalf. The sooner you engage us to represent you, the sooner we can act to preserve crucial evidence.
Expert witnesses such as engineers, accident re-constructionists, life planners, and medical professionals are important to your case. Aiello, Harris, Marth, Tunnero & Schiffman, P.C. truck accident attorneys know the best experts in these fields to assist with the preparation of your case for trial or a successful settlement.
For example, truck drivers and trucking companies must comply with a number of federal and state laws, such as:
• hours of service
• licensing and driver qualifications
• maintenance and inspection procedures
• proper loading and tie-down requirements
• controlled substance and alcohol use
How We Helps Truck Accident Victims
Commercial truck accident claims and lawsuits become especially complicated when it isn’t clear who is liable – the driver, the trucking company, and/or the vehicle or equipment manufacturer. Many businesses and individuals may share responsibility in a commercial truck crash with injuries or fatalities. Please don’t hesitate to call us right away, as the trucking company will already be working with their insurance company and attorneys for their own best interests. Let us fight for your rights to ensure the best outcome for you and your family.
Our attorneys work every truck accident case on contingency-fee basis. Clients do not pay attorneys fees unless we win money in a settlement or jury award. We offer the financial resources to keep fighting until we obtain the largest and fairest possible settlement or jury award.
Contact our New Jersey truck accident lawyers today
Here at Aiello, Harris, Marth, Tunnero & Schiffman, P.C., we know that facing the catastrophic results of a commercial truck accident alone can be frightening, contact us today and we will be more than happy to answer your questions and address your concerns. Our personal injury attorneys keep flexible office hours, with weekend appointments available, and we can meet you in your home or hospital room if you cannot travel to our office. Call us at (908) 561-5577 or contact us online. We will come to you or you can schedule an appointment at one of our offices in Woodbridge, Watchung or Lyndhurst NJ.