New Jersey Speeding Ticket Lawyers
Aiello, Harris, Marth, Tunnero & Schiffman, P.C., have represented thousands of individuals for traffic ticket offenses in New Jersey, many of which were speeding tickets. Speeding tickets are often issued by state troopers or local police officers who use radar to determine your traveling speed. Your speeding tickets and other motor vehicle offenses accumulate points on your driving record. Our attorneys have over 250 years of combined experience defending people issued with speeding tickets in New Jersey.
Insurance companies count your speeding ticket points, together with points for some other traffic offenses. This number of points on your record will affect the level of your premiums you pay. If you accumulate more than 9 points, it will be exorbitant for you to buy insurance coverage.
Aiello, Harris, Marth, Tunnero & Schiffman, P.C., provides the best defense attorneys to fight against your Speeding Tickets in New Jersey.
If you or your loved was issued with a speeding ticket, do not hesitate to call our office for a free consultation at (908) 561-5577. Our attorneys are passionately committed to our clients’ needs.
NJ Point System
2 Point Speeding Tickets in NJ
- For exceeding maximum speed 1-14 mph over limit
4 Point Speeding Tickets in NJ
- For exceeding maximum speed 15-29 mph over limit
5 Point Speeding Tickets in NJ
- For exceeding maximum speed 30 mph or more over limit
- The New Jersey point schedule can be seen here: http://www.state.nj.us/mvc/Violations/penalties_pointSchedule.htm
NJ Fines & Penalties
- Read our post on New Jersey Traffic Ticket Surcharge FAQs
If you are convicted of or pleaded guilty to speeding, your punishment depends on a number of factors. These are how fast you were going and whether you were in a safe corridor or construction zone. Provided below are the fines you will have to pay for speeding outside of a safe corridor or construction zone:
- For exceeding speed limit by 1-9 miles per hour – $85
- For exceeding speed limit by 10-14 miles per hour – $95
- For exceeding speed limit by 15-19 miles per hour – $105
- For exceeding speed limit by 20-24 miles per hour – $200
- For exceeding speed limit by 25-29 miles per hour – $220
- For exceeding speed limit by 30-34 miles per hour – $240
- For exceeding speed limit by 35-39 miles per hour – $260
The listed fines above must be doubled when the offense is in an area designated with a speed limit of 65 miles per hour or committed in an area of highway construction or repair or when committed in a designated safe corridor.
Fines and Other Penalties
A driver exceeding the speed limit by 40 miles per hour or more or by 20 miles per hour or more in a construction zone or safe corridor may be required to make a court appearance. Further to the fines enumerated, the New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission may add points to your driving record. In case you accumulate enough of these points you will be subject to additional fines or even a license suspension, that is, if you have 12 or more points at any time.
For speeding, the following points will be added to your record:
- For exceeding speed limit by 1-14 miles per hour – 2 NJ DMV points
- For exceeding speed limit by 15-29 miles per hour – 4NJ DMV points
- For exceeding speed limit by over 30 miles per hour or more – 5 NJ DMV points
The New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission will suspend a person’s New Jersey driver’s license any time a driver accumulates 12 or more points. Suspension period will depend on the Motor Vehicle Point Accumulation chart. In addition, the Motor Vehicle Commission or Court may suspend your New Jersey driver’s license if it is found that you committed this violation intentionally.
Contact our New Jersey speeding ticket lawyers today
If you receive a speeding ticket in New Jersey, you definitely face serious penalties and therefore it is important to have experienced and savvy legal representation that can help you protect your driving record. In case, you have received a speeding ticket in New Jersey, contact Aiello, Harris, Marth, Tunnero &Schiffman, P.C., today and we will be more than happy to answer your questions and address your concerns. Our speeding ticket attorneys keep flexible office hours, with weekend appointments available, and we can meet you in your home if you cannot travel to our office. Call us today to set up an initial consultation; we’re standing by to assist you at (908) 561-5577 or contact us online. We will come to you or you can schedule an appointment at one of our offices in Woodbridge, Watchung or Lyndhurst NJ.