Perth Amboy, New Jersey
CALL FOR A FREE INITIAL CONSULTATION
Rated 10/10 on AVVO
24 Hours a Day | 7 Days a Week | Office and Off-Site Appointments
About our Law Firm in Perth Amboy – Aiello Harris Marth Tunnero & Schiffman, P.C.
At Aiello, Harris, Marth, Tunnero & Schiffman, P.C, our Perth Amboy attorneys represent clients in a variety of practice areas, including personal injury claims, workers’ compensation claims, criminal cases, family law matters, and business-related matters. Our lawyers have successfully represented thousands of clients since 1955. In one case, we were able to obtain a $3.5 million wrongful death settlement for a family who lost a loved one because of the negligence of another party.
Due to our success and our knowledge of various legal matters, some of our Perth Amboy attorneys have been featured on national and local news outlets including ABC’s Good Morning America, CNN, the New York Times, Courier News, and the Newark Star-Ledger.
We encourage you to contact our law firm to discuss your legal matter with an experienced attorney in Perth Amboy. Call (908) 561-5577 to speak with a representative or use the online contact form to request additional information about our legal services.
What Type of Cases Does Our Perth Amboy Law Firm Handle?
Our attorneys are experienced in several areas of law including:
Perth Amboy Personal Injury Attorneys
When you are injured in a personal injury accident, it can be difficult to know what you should do to protect your legal rights. Our attorneys can provide support and guidance as you continue to recover from your injuries. Allowing our law firm to handle your accident claim permits you to focus entirely on your health and well-being.
Examples of the Perth Amboy personal injury cases our law firm handles include:
- Accidents Involving Motor Vehicles — Car accidents, motorcycle crashes, commercial vehicles accidents, and accidents involving pedestrians can result in severe injuries, including spinal cord injuries, whiplash, traumatic brain injuries (TBIs), amputations, and complex fractures.
- Slip and Fall Cases — When you fall on another person’s property, the premises liability laws of New Jersey allow you to seek compensation for your injuries from the property owner. However, these claims can be difficult and require assistance from an experienced premises liability lawyer.
- Product Liability Claims— A product should not cause an injury when it is used according to the manufacturer’s instructions. If a product injures you, you might be entitled to recover compensation for your injuries in a product liability lawsuit.
- Wrongful Death Lawsuits — It can be difficult losing a family member. However, when another party’s negligent actions cause the death, the grief can be even more overwhelming. A wrongful death lawsuit attorney in Perth Amboy can help you seek justice for your loved one and your family.
Our Perth Amboy personal injury lawyers handle a variety of other accidental injury and negligent injury cases. You can view a complete list of the types of cases we handle by visiting the personal injury page on our website or contacting our law firm.
Perth Amboy Criminal Defense Attorneys
Criminal law is another area of law that our attorneys handle for clients in Perth Amboy. We provide legal defense in a variety of criminal cases including:
- DWI and DUI Charges— Driving Under the Influence (DUI) and Driving While Intoxicated/Impaired (DWI) are serious criminal charges in New Jersey. You can lose your driver’s license, serve significant jail time, pay high fines, and be forced to install an ignition interlock system on your vehicle. Do not assume you can fight DUI or DWI charges alone. You need an experienced Perth Amboy DUI attorney to protect your legal rights.
- Disorderly Person Offenses— Disorderly Person (DP) offenses may be thought of as misdemeanors in other states. However, DP offenses in New Jersey can result in significant fines and jail time. Do not take a DP charge lightly. Contact our office to discuss how you need to defend yourself to avoid the maximum penalties for DP offenses.
- Drug Crimes— New Jersey treats drug charges and drug crimes very seriously. Even minor possession of controlled substances can result in severe penalties for a conviction. Our Perth Amboy drug defense attorneys can help you present a strong defense to drug charges. We want to help you avoid the most serious penalties for a conviction of drug crimes.
- Domestic Violence Charges — Domestic violence crimes are not minor offenses in New Jersey. Examples of domestic violence charges you could face include annoying telephone calls, disorderly conduct, stalking, physical assault, and kidnapping. Our Perth Amboy domestic violence defense attorneys utilize a team of professionals to help you fight domestic violence charges.
For a complete list of the types of criminal cases we handle, visit our criminal defense webpage or contact our office for more information.
Employment Lawyers Perth Amboy
Employment law encompasses a wide variety of issues. Our law firm handles matters that employees and employers face in the workplace. Some of the common issues our Perth Amboy employment lawyers handle include:
- Workplace Harassment— Harassment in the workplace, including sexual harassment, discrimination, and hostile work environments, is illegal. You have several legal options for recourse if you are the victim of workplace harassment in Perth Amboy.
- Employer Compliance Cases — Employers must be very careful to ensure they comply with all federal, state, and local labor laws. From contracts and wage issues to harassment and employment issues, our Perth Amboy employment attorneys can help you avoid lawsuits and high fines for failure to comply with labor laws.
- Immigration Issues— Whether you are an employer or an employee, immigration issues can be very difficult to handle without an experienced Perth Amboy immigration lawyer. We understand the sensitive nature of immigration issues and the laws governing these unique cases.
- Other Employment-Related Cases — Our Perth Amboy employment law attorneys handle a variety of issues related to employer-employee relationships. Examples of the types of cases we handle include wrongful termination, employment contract disputes, shareholder & partnership disputes, and independent contractor issues. For a complete list of our practice areas, visit the employment law webpage on our website or call our office.
Attorneys Serving the Perth Amboy Community
We encourage you to visit our practice areas page for a complete listing of the types of cases that our law firm handles for clients in the Perth Amboy area. Our attorneys and legal staff are dedicated to providing exceptional legal services in a friendly and compassionate environment.
Call (908) 561-5577 or use our online contact form to reach a friendly representative with Aiello, Harris, Marth, Tunnero & Schiffman, P.C. We are here to help you when you need an attorney in Perth Amboy to assist you with a real estate matter, criminal case, employment law question, personal injury claim, or one of the many other areas of law that our law firm handles. Our Woodbridge office is very close by.
Perth Amboy NJ
Perth Amboy can trace its roots back to 1651 when the Leni Lenape Indians transferred part of their land to Augustine Herman. It is located in Middlesex County and has approximately 52,500 residents. Known as the City by the Bay, the area is rich in history and is home to several historic buildings. The city is proud to be the home of the only official Royal Governor’s Mansion still standing and the oldest City Hall remaining in the United States.
Because the area is considered part of the New York metropolitan area, it is a popular place for many people to live who work and commute to New York. The NJ Transit train provides service to the Jersey Shore, New York Penn Station, Newark Penn Station, and other stations from the Perth Amboy station. Perth Amboy boasts a growing economy and residential area offering visitors and residents a wide variety of shopping, entertainment, arts, historical, and educational venues.